Date: August 3, 2020
From: Mike Blondino, District Administrator
Subject: Coronavirus (COVID-19) UPDATE
Due to the continuing COVID-19 concerns, restrictions, and health guidance, CPRD has made the difficult decision to cancel the annual Founders Day event at Carmichael Park. CRPD is currently exploring ways to host safe, reimagined festivities to celebrate Founders Day this year. Please stay tuned for updates.
These closures/cancellations remain in effect:
- Adult Sports Leagues
- Pickleball Open Gyms
- Tiny Tots
- All CRPD In-Person Classes
- All rentals of CRPD facilities
- CRPD District Front Office
- La Sierra Community Center Front Office
- Special Events: Concerts in the Park
All CRPD parks remain open for passive use. Playgrounds and Basketball Courts remain closed. The following park amenities are open:
- Tennis Courts and Disc Golf at Carmichael Park
- Dog Park at Carmichael Park (vehicle parking off North Avenue)
- Jensen Botanical Garden- parking lot gate off Fair Oaks Blvd
Vehicle gates will remain closed at Carmichael Park behind the District Office (off Grant Avenue) and off Sue Pam Drive.
CRPD staff strongly recommends that users maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet and follow all other coronavirus related sanitation recommendations, including using their own hand sanitizer before and after your visit to our parks and amenities. CRPD’s top priority continues to be the health and safety of all our participants, visitors, and staff. Closures and cancellations are subject to change and/or may be extended or reduced based on new and updated information. Thank you for your support and cooperation.