Date: June 26, 2020
From: Mike Blondino, District Administrator
Subject: Coronavirus (COVID-19) UPDATE
Carmichael Recreation and Park District (CRPD) has begun to re-open under the Public Health Order from the Sacramento County.
Summer Day Camp (limited space available) - July 6th
District Office and La Sierra Community Center - July 6th
- All registrations and reservations will be through the La Sierra Community Center Recreation Office only. Please call 916-483-7826 for phone registrations.
- The District Office will remain closed to walk-in visitors
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask when in District offices/facilities
- Youth Sports Camps (limited space available) - Start Date TBD
These closures/cancellations remain in effect:
- Adult Sports Leagues
- Pickleball Open Gyms
- Tiny Tots Program
- All CRPD In-Person Classes
- All rentals of CRPD facilities
- Special Events: Fourth of July Fireworks show and Concerts in the Park
All CRPD parks remain open for passive use. Playgrounds and Basketball Courts remain closed. The following park amenities are open:
- Tennis Courts and Disc Golf at Carmichael Park
- Dog Park at Carmichael Park (vehicle parking off North Avenue)
- Jensen Botanical Garden- parking lot gate off Fair Oaks Blvd
Vehicle gates will remain closed at Carmichael Park behind the District Office (off Grant Avenue) and off Sue Pam Drive.
CRPD staff strongly recommends that users maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet and follow all other coronavirus related sanitation recommendations, including using their own hand sanitizer before and after your visit to our parks and amenities. CRPD’s top priority continues to be the health and safety of all our participants, visitors, and staff. Closures and cancellations are subject to change and/or may be extended or reduced based on new and updated information. Thank you for your support and cooperation.