The Carmichael Recreation and Park District Foundation provides funding to support partial scholarships to the youth (0-17 years olds) in our community. All Scholarship Applications are processed by Carmichael Recreation and Park District.
Here's what you'll need to do:
1) Complete the Youth Scholarship Application Form
2) Complete the Registration Form for the Recreation Activity you are applying for a partial scholarship.
3) Provide Proof of Income - One of the following
- For children K-12th grade, you may provide the letter from the school district showing qualification for Free or Reduced Lunch Program OR
- Provide proof of income in the form of a previous year's income tax return. The only exceptions are Welfare, Social Security, Disability, Food Stamps and Unemployment recipients. These individuals can provide a copy of the earning checks as proof of income.
4) Provide Payment for a percentage of program fees based on Park District residency (determined by home address).
District Resident - Customer pays 50%
District Non-Resident - Customer pays 70%
These completed items can be submitted by email, fax, or in-person:
- Email: Sharon@carmichaelpark.com
- Fax: (916) 458-0805
- In-Person: District Office located at Carmichael Park (5750 Grant Avenue) - Open Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm
Each child has a scholarship accumulative maximum of $300 per year.
If you have questions please contact Sharon at (916) 485-5322 ext.29
If you are interested in helping support our Youth Scholarship Program, please click here for more information on how to donate.