Saturday, April 3, 2021
Join CRPD and our fellow Carmichael community partners to kick off spring with a drive thru community event! Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail! Cars can drive into Carmichael Park using the main entrance off of Grant Avenue and follow the marked route to visit our community partner booths. Each booth will have a giveaway goody bag per car, and will hand you your item as you car stops in front of their booth. Booth giveaways are limited and are available while supplies last.
As you approach the end of the route you are in for a real treat, as Peter Cottontail, will be at the end of the route waving to cars as they drive by and giving out an egg per child.
You can also use this time to give back! San Juan Unified School District will be on site collecting non-perishable items for their Food Closet program. Bring the following items (unopened and in original packaging. No large bulk or expired items please) to donate:
• Boxed Dinners, Mashed Potatoes
• Pasta, Rice, Grain, Flour, Sugar
• Canned Fruit, Veggies, Soup, Meat, Fish, Stew, Chili, Pasta
• Beans/Lentils (dry or canned), Corn Bread Mix
• Cup of Soup, Mac & Cheese Cups, Ramen
• Dry Cereal, Oatmeal, Pancake Mix, Syrup • Granola Bars, Breakfast Bars, Pop Tarts
• Peanut Butter, Jam or Jelly, Spreads
• Taco/Gravy/Seasoning Mixes, Pasta Sauce
• Juice – Large & Mini Sizes, Bottled Water
• Snacks – Fruit Cups, Crackers, Chips
We are thankful and proud to have the support and participation of community partners in order to bring you this event. Our partners include:
COVID-19 Safety Information & Event Guidelines:
- Giveaways were handled and packaged safely by volunteers wearing personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves.
- When approaching a vehicle: Each volunteer must wear a mask and gloves when handing out the giveaway item to the car. Cars must roll down their window to accept the giveaway item.
- Patrons must stay in their vehicles at all times. You may not exit your vehicle to interact with event volunteers and staff.
- Vehicles are asked to stop briefly at each booth to keep the line moving at a good pace and prevent traffic.
- Vehicles must follow traffic control cues and directions as they enter and exit the route.
Subject to change.